Pets are the perfect addition to your family and bring so much joy and happiness to your household. Sometimes it can be challenging having a pet living in an apartment home with you. You want what is best for your furry friend! Here are some tips to keeping your pet(s) happy and healthy in your apartment home and for making owning a pet in an apartment home easier! If you are looking for a new home for you and your pet, click here to see our communities!
- Take your dog(s) out - Take your dogs out of your apartment home for walks as frequently as you can. This will help them stretch their legs and be outside for some time.
- Daily Routine - Create a daily routine with your pet so they begin to know when you will be home, when they can go out for a walk, when they can go to the bathroom, and more.
- Ask for help from a friend or hire someone to help with your pet - If you know that you will be gone for a long period of time during the day, ask a neighbor or friend to help take your pet out to stretch their legs and go to the bathroom during the day!
- Train your dog when you get into your new apartment home – Pets need to understand the space and what they can and cannot do. Make sure you train your dog once you move into your new apartment home!
- Temperature in your apartment home – The temperature in your apartment home is very important to make sure that your pet stays happy and healthy. Make sure the temperature in your apartment is also a good temperature for your furry friend!
- Dog Park or dog walk - If your apartment community has a dog park or dog walk be sure to take your pet here so that they can meet and play with other dogs.
- Toys – Be sure that your pet has enough toys to play with so that they do not play with something in your apartment home that they should not be playing with!