We’ve all heard it before; turn off the lights when you leave a room, don’t leave the water running while brushing your teeth and of course recycle, recycle, recycle! It is always in the back of our minds but here are some easy ways to be more environmentally-conscious around the house. Some of which are as easy as changing a light bulb or fixture and forgetting about it!
- Get a high-efficiency shower head
- Recycle plastic, paper, clothing (donate or re-purpose)
- Buy locally grown products instead of imported ones
- Create your own compost or sign up for a compost collection service
- Conserve energy by turning off lights and appliances when not in use
- Conserve water by fixing leaky faucets, taking shorter showers, only washing clothes when you have a full load of laundry, etc.
- Use re-usable water bottles, grocery bags, etc.
- Use re-chargeable batteries
- Use high-efficiency outdoor lighting
- Use LED light bulbs indoors
- Follow these tips to reduce household waste
- Drive an eco-friendly / smart car
- Use the below household products to make DIY hand sanitizer and disinfectant spray / wipes:
- Aloe Vera
- Rubbing alcohol
- 100-proof alcohol
- Essential oils
Simpson communities are doing their part as well. Below is a list of our communities who feature environmentally-conscious amenities: